"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol
before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." - Winston Churchill

Hear Here


"Information is moving -- you know, nightly news is one way, of course, but it's also
moving through the blogosphere and through the Internets." - George W. Bush

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Crack Repair, in the Justice System


Around 20,000 inmates convicted of crack offenses may see their prison terms reduced under new federal guidelines intended to bring retroactive fairness to sentencing.

New sentencing guidelines went into effect Monday by the U.S. Sentencing Commission to ease the way the system came down far harder on crack-related crimes than on those involving drug related crime like the use of powdered cocaine.

When informed of this, former District of Columbia Mayor, Marion Barry, said "This is too little too late and the Prosecutor along with the Bitch, that set me up, should do some time in prison for my inconvenience".

Barry also added, "I will be seeking a new term as Mayor of the District" and "My platform will be to gain federal assistance to the citizens of DC that are effected by the crack on the streets". Barry added, "I will seek to also get more federal funding to repair these poor road conditions and a bi-product will be lower car insurance claims due to less car repairs from accidents caused by the crack on the street".

Barry closed his statements by adding, "In addition, I will also apply for statehood and appeal to Danny Snyder to move the Washington Redskins back into the District of Columbia so that I can attend games again since my ankle bracelet will not allow me outside of city limits".

0 comments: