"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol
before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." - Winston Churchill

Hear Here


"Information is moving -- you know, nightly news is one way, of course, but it's also
moving through the blogosphere and through the Internets." - George W. Bush

Monday, February 11, 2008

Smile, You Son of a...


Roy Scheider past away last night. He was not one of my favorite actors but he has a place on my list of unforgettable ones. He was the lead in one of my all time favorite movies, Jaws.

Who could ever forget Amity Police Chief Broady chumming the waters from the deck of the 'Orca', smoking a cigarette and engaging in idle conversation when out of nowhere that big ass shark decides to surface and take a swipe at him.

I was 8 years old and that movie scared the shit out of me. For that reason, I'll miss Roy Scheider (and Blue Thunder of course).

I think he should be laid to rest in the waters that the movie took place. It's either that or mounted and hung over Steven Spielberg's fireplace.

0 comments: