"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol
before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." - Winston Churchill

Hear Here


"Information is moving -- you know, nightly news is one way, of course, but it's also
moving through the blogosphere and through the Internets." - George W. Bush

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Incredible



I saw the Incredible Hulk today and it was awesome. Marvel should re-boot the Fantastic Four and Daredevil next. This movie was just as good as Iron Man and I can't wait for the next Marvel film.

The picture paid a tremendous amount of respect to the TV series. in one scene, Edward Norton as Bruce Banner is watching the Courtship of Eddie's Father with Bill Bixby and later Lou Ferrigno has an actual speaking cameo. There is a college reporter named Jack McGee. Even the experiment that turns Banner into the Hulk is reminiscent of the TV show. The best though was a small scene when Banner is down on his luck and the old piano theme from the show starts playing in the background.

The action was fantastic with some great chase scenes and tremendous fight scenes. It was gritty, violent and loud. The humor was subtle and genuine and the characters were all well written. The cast made the film though.

Norton is great as Banner, Tim Roth's character is just like a Wolverine wannabe; and then he gets powers that turn him into Abomination; very cool. William Hurt plays General "Thunderbolt" Ross as if it were created for him. If there is any disappointment it's with Liv Tyler. She was not as dynamic as the rest of the cast. I think they should have brought back Jennifer Connolly, from the first film. She was the only thing good about it.


Anyway, I'm very happy with the flick and I bet you will be too. I can't wait for the Avengers film the are setting up. Nuff said.

Avengers Assemble
Don't make me angry; You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

0 comments: